Saturday, September 28, 2013

P&P's FFNA Challenge: Early Sunsets

I know I'm several days late for the 9/25 challenge but I have been very ill.  I was able to get to the doctor yesterday and with the medicine, I was able to complete the challenge today.




The polishes I used to create my early sunset nail art are OPI My Vampire Is Buff, Zoya Kelly, Zoya Caitlin, Essie Canteloupe, Essie Fear or Desire, and OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke.


I started with two coats of Vampire to create a very neutral base.  From there I began sponging on the colors from base to tip.  Instead of using a makeup sponge, like I would typically do, I used eyeshadow applicators.  I like the effect created.


All of the colors have a nice clean transition except Caitlin to Canteloupe.  I love the dusty color it created.  Autumn sunsets have so many colors.  I wasn't sure that I could capture all of them with my nail art but I think I did a pretty good job.


I love how the gold just sparkles on the tips!


No comments:

Post a Comment