Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Today is Father's Day and this post is dedicated to my dad.  I did a mani in honor of him.  This is my dad at my wedding.  To the man who raised me, happy Father's Day!



On my thumb I used a base of OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts and painted the symbol for the American Diabetes Association with OPI Off With Her Red.  My dad is a huge supporter of the ADA and has been ever since he was diagnosed with diabetes.  Each year he surpasses his previous year's fundraising efforts via the Step Out for Diabetes walk.    


On my ring finger I used a base of OPI Don't Mess With OPI and painted on a music note with A England Camelot.  My father instilled in me a love of music.  He sings, he played the tuba, he's conducted choirs, and dabbled with composing.


On my middle finger I used a base of OPI What's With The Cattitude and painted a tree with OPI Don't Mess With OPI and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Coco A-Go-Go.  This tree symbolizes not only family but my father's passion for genealogy.  He spends so much time researching our family history and relaying it to his children.  


My dad is from West Virginia and as such, his favorite college sports team is the West Virginia Mountaineers.  I used a base of Sinful Colors Pull Over on my ring finger and painted on the WVU logo with OPI Dating A Royal.


Finally, on my pinky I painted a base of OPI Off With Her Red and created dots with OPI Dating A Royal and Finger Paints Paper Mache.  My dad's favorite football team is the New England Patriots and their team colors are red, white, and blue.


And here is the completed mani.  Together, these nails symbolize who my father is.  Happy Father's Day dad!


1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous tribute to your Dad! Wonderful mani! :)

    ReplyDelete