Thursday, October 10, 2013

Falling For Holos

Today I have a tape mani done with holos!  The inspiration behind this mani is my outfit; khaki pants, and a purple shirt.  


My main color is Cocoa and Cardis from Smitten Polish.  This polish was part of her Fall trio this year and I love it!



The polishes I used don't look like much without flash.  We have Smitten Polish Cocoa and Cardis, Color Club eternal Beauty, and OPI DS Design.



When there is flash, you can see the beautiful holo effect of each polish.



I used two coats of the Smitten and Color Club.  Then I used Scotch tape to make a diagonal line on my ring finger.  I painted over it with the OPI.  It would have been much easier if I'd used the OPI as my base on that nail but it still worked!




I love how these holos work together even though they are so different.  Smitten is an indie holo, handmade. The CC is a newer mainstream holo and the OPI is an older mainstream holo.



I love the rainbow effect of the holos and how they all blend effortlessly.



Cocoa and Cardis is a purple leaning brown.  I think that's what really makes this mani work.



No comments:

Post a Comment